These are the things you will need to care for chicks and Ducks,
- A warm enclosed spot where predators are not able to get in. ( A large tote will work depending on how many chicks or ducks you have)
- A water dish shallow enough that if a chick falls in it will not drown. ( ducks may want to play in the water)
- A feed dish ( A shallow clay dish will work)
- Chick Feed
- Hay or wood chips
- A heat lamp
- A fan
Step by step instructions on setting up the tote,
- Put a layer of hay (or wood chips) on the bottom of the tote about 2” inches thick.
- fill water dish and set at one end of the tote.
- fill feed dish and set at the other end of the tote.
- set up a fan or heat lamp depending on the time of year and where the tote is. ( Tote needs to be warm but not to hot )
Enjoy these funny little creatures made by God!